Monday, September 22, 2008

Arbiters Decide... Taxpayers Lose Again!

Back in March of this year, Stubby, in his usual arrogance decided to fire two police officers. Remember this came at the height of the juvenile crimes and lack of police coverage? Anyway, both officers filed greviences and, at the city's request, both were decided by not one but two arbiters at the cost of $5,000 each! Now, both arbiters have independently ruled that Officer Harnyak and Sgt. Ebbitt were wrongfully terminated and are to be re-instated. Once again Stubby's "I did what I did because I could" attitude got the city in a jackpot. Both officers are to be awarded not only back-pay between March & September, but tens-of-thousands of dollars in missed overtime. These monies will come out of the city coffers. i.e. the taxpayers wallets!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The other question is how much did it cost for the city solicitor to defend this?

Anonymous said...

Seems like the solicitor should be paying the taxpayers for all of the bad legal advice she has given over the years.

Anonymous said...

I've heard that Pat McGrail is more of a punchline than a effective attorney!

Anonymous said...

Yeah she must be really good at what she does cause she is screwing the taxpayers over dollar and dollar. She only cares what goes into her wallet, maybe she should care about everyones life she is messing up, especially the cops and their families.

The Enforcer said...

I can because i can wowowowow what a motto maybe for relection lol stubby for mayor because i can do what i can think anyone will vote for him? I dont think so. Congrats. to the good guys they win again. Now how many wins for the good guys here ?
Anyone counting?

Anonymous said...

Hello, I'm not here to judge anyone I just have one simple question. I have family that live in the city and they told me that the mayor and family is still protecting one certain officer. Is it true that they fired two officers and never fired the third because he is related to the mayor. My family showed me the house where the officer stated he lived, you got to be joking! It should be on the demo list!