Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Let's Recap

So far we have talked about: Bookmaking and pool selling within city hall by a member of the police administration, irresponsible management by the misuse of personnel and manpower leaving the taxpayers inadequately protected by a short staffed police force, waste of taxpayer monies and city resources for the payment of lawsuits and needless union arbitrations, nepotism and favoritism, back-room political appointments that don’t benefit the residents but only further the “old boy” atmosphere on council, questionable relationships between the police administration and some residents as the chief’s cell phone rings when some get into trouble, the mayor and the Police Chief, both of whom should be beyond all reproach are discovered to have had affairs that produced children while they were married, the willful destruction of evidence in the case of a city employee who committed a criminal drug offense, case fixing and outright obstruction of justice by the police chief in a criminal case involving his friend, and (last but certainly not least) we discovered a business relationship between the mayor’s son and a Florida drug dealer who is visited yearly by our police chief while on vacation .

Let's see, have we left anything out?

2 comments:

DRS said...

Just adding to the pot...

http://bulk.resource.org/courts.gov/c/F2/340/340.F2d.74.14816.html

Anonymous said...

I have had a run in with police favoritism/nepotism in Inverness, FL. A young man, told me, he had no fear of breaking the law, including doing physical harm, because he had connections very high up. This man was hired to do work on my home and he did not do the work, he stole two cars from my property in Inverness, while I was at my primary home in NC. When I went to my FL home and saw the work was not done and the cars were gone, I called the police. The police report was inacurate and nothing was ever done to this man. I have been told he is behind problems I am currently having and this is just the tip of the problem. How can you hope for justice, when people truly are above the law, because of people they know or I suspect in this case related to, protect them? I would truly appreciate any attempts to bring this into the light and would be of any help, I could be. I am battling multiple health problems and hoped to make my permanent home in Citrus County, as I currently own a mobile home and intended to look for a house, once I got settled. I do not want to live anywhere there is so much corruption with good ole boys in charge. How can this be allowed to go on, in a state that counts on retirees choosing it as their home? I applaud what you are doing and hope those day will end very soon, state wide!